There are a plethora of activities during this time of year here in Pittsburgh. With our properties being a short 10-15 minutes drive to downtown, you’re never short on single or family fun events! From outdoor festivals to thrilling adventures to scenic parks and delicious food, everything truly captures the essence of the city’s vibrant culture. In this blog post, we provide 5 of the many local summer activities that will make your summer 2023 unforgettable!
- DVE Comedy Festival (July 15th)
- Randy Baumann and the DVE Morning show have curated a line-up of comedians from Matt Braunger, Gareth Reynolds, Steph Tolev and more to perform at the Byham Theater. Enjoy a night of laughs, then great food with a variety of delicious restaurants in the vicinity of the theater in the downtown cultural district.
- Northside Music Festival (July 14th – July 16th)
- The inaugural Northside Music Festival will take place July 14-16 within the heart of Historic Deutschtown on Pittsburgh’s Northside. The free, three-day event will feature 65 bands, art vendors, and more than 30 food trucks. The Northside Music Festival will feature a curated lineup with a wide variety of musical genres. In addition to music, the festival will feature numerous art vendors, food, and free, family-friendly activities. Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy some great music and food in a beautiful setting.
- Picklesburgh (July 21st – July 23rd)
- As USA Today’s “Best Specialty Food Festival” contest, Picklesburgh is the destination for all things pickles! This festival features handcrafted food and artisan drinks featuring pickled ingredients from local chefs, restaurants and more. Admission is free and no tickets are necessary!
- Barrel & Flow Fest (August 12th)
- Voted by the readers of USA Today, Barrel & Flow fest is one of America’s favorite festivals. Barrel & Flow’s lineup reflects their commitment to creating an inclusive festival environment and showcasing Black breweries, artists, and small businesses. This festival features an exceptional collection of breweries from across the country pouring festival-exclusive collaborations, a varying and talented cast of musicians spanning genre and style, and a unique selection of food vendors, indie artisans, visual and performing artists, and local non-profits.
- Skyblast Zambelli Fireworks Extravaganza (August 26th)
- Zambelli Fireworks has been host to Pittsburgh Pirates fireworks for over 4 decades at Forbes Field, Three Rivers Stadium, and PNC Park. On the evening of the Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs game, twice the amount of fireworks will be set off with a block party on Federal Street next to PNC Park, making it night for singles, couples and families alike!
During the summer season, Pittsburgh truly comes alive, offering a rich variety of activities and experiences. Whether you’re seeking the thrills at Kennywood or immersing yourself in nature at Frick Park or attending the many lively events the city has to offer, embrace the summer culture in Pittsburgh and create everlasting memories with these local activities.